Webtrends Log Analyzer Advanced 8.0x
Webtrends Log Analyzer 8.0x
Webtrends Reporting Center 6.0x
Last modified: 1/1/2011
By default, the referring URLs that appear in the Activity by Referring Page report can be extremely long due to the query portion of the URL, causing the URL to wrap to multiple lines. It is possible to limit the URL query string to a certain number of characters by following the procedures outlined below:
1. Navigate to the following location:
2. Edit the wtm_wtx file in a text editor.
2. Locate the ReferrerQueryTruncateLength field, found in the [Profile] sub-section. It appears, by default, as: ReferrerQueryTruncateLength = 0 [where 0 refers to no limitation in the URL query length]
3. Change the value to the number of query characters you wish displayed in the Webtrends report for the Activity by Referring Page table. For example, the following might be a query string prior to limitation:
After the limitation setting is enabled (where ReferrerQueryTruncateLength = 5), the URL appears as follows in the report:
4. For the change to take effect, the Webtrends Reporting Center services must be stopped and restarted.