Webtrends Analysis Suite 7.0x
Webtrends Log Analyzer Advanced 8.0x
Webtrends Log Analyzer 8.0x
Webtrends Log Analyzer 7.0x
Webtrends Reporting Center 6.0x
Webtrends Reporting Center 5.0x
Webtrends Reporting Center 4.0x
Last modified: 10/7/2010
1. To filter out activity from common spiders and robots from your report, highlight your profile on the main console and select Edit.
2. Select the Filters tab.
3. Under Hit Filters click the Add button.
4. The New Hit Filter Wizard dialog opens. On this window,
select the Exclude radio-button and click Next.
5. Enter a name for this filter.
6. Select the radio-button, Exclude activity based upon.
7. Check Browser and click Next.
8. Click the drop-down menu, and under the Robots & Spiders heading, select Common Spiders & Robots. The common spiders and robots are then listed in the subsequent field. If this list is not comprehensive enough add additional items, separated by spaces.
9. Click Next.
10. Review the summary and once completed, click Finish.
11. You should then see the exclude filter you just created listed
under Hit Filters.
12. Click OK to close the dialog.
13. The next report will reflect the change. If you wish for this filter to affect previous reports, it is necessary to re-analyze the profile.