To filter out activity by common spiders and robots from your report, you first must create a browser filter, and then either enable the filter globally or enable it on a per-profile basis.
To create the filter, follow these steps:
1. In the Administration Console, click Web Analysis > Options > Hit Filters.
2. Click "New" in the top right hand corner of the screen.
3. Give this filter a unique name.
4. Select Include or Exclude.
5. Select "Include/Exclude activity based on" and place a check next to Browser.
NOTE: If you wish this filter to be applied to all profiles, place a check next to 'Global.'
6. Click Next.
7. Click the drop-down menu, and under the "Robots & Spiders" heading, select "All Spiders & Robots."
8. Click Next.
9. Review the summary, and once completed, click 'Finish.' You will then see the exclude filter you just created listed under 'Hit Filters.'
The next report run will reflect this change. If you wish for this filter to affect previous reports, it is necessary to reanalyze the profile.