The file exported is encoded in UTF-8 because it is the encoding used to collect data. Excel defaults to ANSI when opening files.
To resolve the issue, open the file in the following manner:
1. In a new worksheet, click on the Data menu bar option in Excel.
2. Click on the From Text icon.
3. Navigate to the location of the file that you want to import. Click on the filename and then click on the Import button. The Text Import Wizard - Step 1 or 3 window will now appear on the screen.
4. Leave the radio button for Delimited selected.
5. Choose 65001: Unicode (UTF-8) from the drop-down list that appears next to File origin.
6. Click on the Next button to display the Text Import Wizard - Step 2 or 3 window.
7. Place a check mark next to comma and remove the check from the check box from Tab.
8. Click on the Next button to display the Text Import Wizard - Step 3 of 3.
9. Click on the Finish button to finish importing your data into Excel.