To install Application Server as a role on Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2, follow the steps below:
1. Click Start, click Administrative Tools, and then click Server Manager.
2. Right-click on Roles in the left hand navigation pane.
3. Click on Add Roles in the Right-Click pop-up window.
4. Check the box for Application Server and click the Next button.
5. Check the box for Web Server (IIS) Support and accept required components.
6. Make sure HTTP Activation and Message Queuing Activation also are checked.
7. Click the Next button to move to the Confirmation window.
8. Click the Install button to complete the installation.
If the Roles had already been installed but the HTTP Activation and Message Queuing Activation role service had not been installed, expand Roles, right-click on Application Server and select Add Role Services. The Select Role Services window displays. Check the box for Message Queuing Activation, then select Install to complete the process.