Webtrends Log Analyzer Advanced 8.x
Webtrends Log Analyzer 8.x
Webtrends Reporting Center 6.x
Webtrends Reporting Center 5.x
Last modified: 3/1/2011
To create a new visitor session tracking definition, follow the steps below.
1. From the links at the top of the AdminConsole, select "Advanced Features."
2. Select the "Session Tracking" tab and click "Add."
3. In the "General" window, enter a name for this definition in the "Description" text box.
4. If you want the visitor session timeout to be a value other than the default of 30 minutes, enter that value in the "Session Termination Timeframe" text box. Visits are considered "terminated" when no activity is detected for the specified timeframe.
5. Select the "Type of Tracking" that best suits your reporting needs.
6. Click "Next" to view a summary of this visitor session tracking definition.
7. Once completed, click "Finish" to return to the "Advanced Features" window.
After configuring the visitor session tracking definition, apply it to a profile using the steps below.
1. From the AdminConsole, highlight the profile to which the definition will be applied, and click the "Edit" link.
2. Select the "Advanced Features" tab.
3. Click the "Session Tracking" link.
4. Click the radio button next to the session tracking definition that applies to this profile.
5. Click "OK" to close out of the Advanced Features window, then click "OK" again to close the profile editor.